Visitor Policy During the COVID-19 Pandemic
As of November 19th, 2021
General Visitor Information:
- Visitors are allowed anytime and do NOT require a scheduled appointment
- Visitors should remain in resident rooms or apartments during the visit.
- Visitors should avoid visiting or gathering in common areas of the building.
- Visiting in the Library or Sanctuary is still an option and may be scheduled at the Front Desk.
- During visits, we ask that masks remain on, except when actively eating and drinking.
- Visitors are not allowed to join residents during meals in the dining room or activities.
COVID-19 Testing for Visitors:
- Selfhelp offers rapid COVID-19 testing to visitors.
- Selfhelp asks that regular visitors be tested upon arrival unless tested within the previous seven days.
- If a visitor declines testing or is unvaccinated, Selfhelp asks that the visitor wear a mask as well as a face shield.
- A temperature check and health screening are required upon arrival at the Front Desk.
- Individuals with any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms should not visit.
- If you develop any symptoms within three days of your visit, please let us know.
The Selfhelp Home follows the guidance set by the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Chicago Department of Public Health. Selfhelp staff are now 100% vaccinated against COVID-19. Selfhelp continues to test staff and residents regularly; frequency may increase/decrease depending on the local infection rates.